Topic: Plot with axes exchanged
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 5:33 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: Plot with axes exchanged

For a function f, instead of the points {x, f[x]}, you want the points {f[x], x}. So use ParametricPlot. For example:

f[x_] := x^2
ParametricPlot[{f[x], x]}, {x, 0, 2}]

On Apr 16, 2013, at 12:34 AM, Dr. Wolfgang Hintze <weh@snafu.de> wrote:

> How can I exchange axes in a plot, i.e. plot the function value along
> the horizontal axis and the independent variable against the vertical
> axis?
>
> Any help is apreciated.
>
> Wolfgang

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305