Topic: Matheology § 222 Back to the roots
Replies: 606   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 2:04 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 222 Back to the roots

In article
<2d6fce68-b735-4baf-8f75-d909189e0599@h9g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 15 Mrz., 13:56, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Correct. But I have not claimed that there are particular lines.
> >
> > Then it is a mistake to call particular line necessary
> > e.g. to say "There is a necessary line".-

> I don't say that there is a necessary line. It is necessary, that
> there remains a line or two. In detail:
>
> In potential infinity it is necessary that at least one line has to
> remain undeleted in order to contain all natural numbers that are in
> the list.
>
> In actual infinity it is necessary that at least two lines have to
> remain undeleted in order to contain all natural numbers of |N.
>
> No special line is necessary. But we know that two or more lines can
> never do a better job than one. So whatever lines may remain, the
> assertion is falsified.

At least two does not mean that two are sufficient.

It has been proven that infinitely may lines/FISONs are both neccesssary
and sufficient to contain all members of |N, but that no finite set of
FISONs is sufficient to contain all members of |N.
--

Date Subject Author
2/7/13
Read Matheology § 222 Back to the roots