Topic: conjecture on sums of primes
Replies: 13   Last Post: Apr 18, 2013 12:45 AM

David Petry

Re: conjecture on sums of primes

On Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:35:43 AM UTC-8, Paul wrote:

> I conjecture that, for all integers N > 1, there exists an integer E
> such that E can be expressed as the sum of two primes in more than N
> different ways.

Here's a stronger conjecture which a probabilistic argument suggests is true:

For every N, there is an M, such that every even integer greater than M can be expressed as a sum of two primes in at least N different ways.