Topic: Matheology § 253
Replies: 30   Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 2:44 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 253

On 4/18/2013 2:13 AM, WM wrote:

> Mathematics and theology have merged.

Hmm...

So, mathematics has become theological because
it treats real numbers as individuals although
they cannot be named and it admits transfinite
numbers that cannot be written out by a sequence
of strokes.

Thus, if it cannot be done by a doing, then it
ought not to be admissible as doable.

If I look at a pen sitting on my desk, it appears
to me in a certain manner that I call an appearance.

Were I looking at the pen from across the room,
it would appear to me in a different manner that
I would also call an appearance.

But, I am not across the room. I am where I am.

In fact, no one is across the room. I am alone.

Since there is no one to witness what appears
from across the room, there must be no appearance
from across the room.

On that account, the "physical interpretation"
of number corresponding with the empirical
counting of tokens yields:

1=0

hmm...

Perhaps there is a religion where appearances
appear even where there is no witness to the
appearance.