Topic: Matheology § 253
Replies: 30   Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 2:44 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 253

On 19 Apr., 12:05, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:
> On 4/19/2013 3:41 AM, WM wrote:
>

> >> If numbers existed only as names then different names would necessarily
> >> represent different numbers,

> > No. Look, the unicorn does not exist other than as its name. But there
> > are different written names and many different pictures describing it.

> So, you now turn to an argument about negative existential
> statements.

No, I only explained that Virgil's argument was mistaken. There can be
many names for an idea that has no material counterpart.

> How do you justify your analysis of the
> statement
>
> "The unicorn does not exist"

Why should I? The unicorn exists in several forms as ideas of many,
contrary to individuals that cannot even exist as ideas.

Regards, WM