Topic: Matheology § 253
Replies: 30   Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 2:44 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 253

In article
<eaee67f7-b590-4c6c-9d36-d3cb4bc2ce59@y14g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > No. Look, the unicorn does not exist other than as its name. But there
> > > are different written names and many different pictures describing it.

> > So, you now turn to an argument about negative existential
> > statements.

> No, I only explained that Virgil's argument was mistaken. There can be
> many names for an idea that has no material counterpart.

> > How do you justify your analysis of the
> > statement
> >
> > "The unicorn does not exist"

> Why should I? The unicorn exists in several forms as ideas of many,
> contrary to individuals that cannot even exist as ideas.

There are those to whom the idea that every individual natural must have
a successor, and a double, and all sorts of other but larger individual
naturals firmly exists, and that the notion of a largest natural is as
stupid as WM.