Topic: Converting a magnified image of a line to a single pixel smoothed
Replies: 11   Last Post: Apr 26, 2013 4:24 AM

Dave Waddell

Re: Converting a magnified image of a line to a single pixel smoothed

I tried converting the result image to a graph so that I could apply a
moving average and then fit a B-spline through it. As you can tell I'm new
to Mathematica:
data = ArrayRules@SparseArray@ImageData[result]
It was all downhill after that. Another nudge would be appreciated.
Thanks, Dave.

Dave,

On 4/17/13 1:30 AM, Dave Waddell wrote:
> I have a magnified image of a 0.1mm line here:
> http://www.d-a-v-e.org/images/Trace.jpg
> ... this converts with Binarize very well:
> http://www.d-a-v-e.org/images/Trace%20binary.jpg
> ... but what I would like to do is convert it to a single pixel wide

smoothed line running right up the middle. Any suggestions or pointers on
how to do this in Mathematica would be appreciated.
> Dave

The sequence below seems like a good start.
The documentation for the functions should help you understand what is going
on in more details:

trace = Import["http://www.d-a-v-e.org/images/Trace.jpg"]

b = ColorNegate@Binarize[trace];
b2 = SelectComponents[b, "Area", -1];