Topic: Matheology § 255
Replies: 69   Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 9:49 PM

fom

Re: Matheology § 255

On 4/20/2013 11:32 AM, WM wrote:
> On 20 Apr., 17:37, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:
>> On 4/20/2013 3:16 AM, WM wrote:
>>

>>> Matheology § 255
>>
>>> Let S = (1), (1, 2), (1, 2, 3), ... be a sequence of all finite
>>> initial sets s_n = (1, 2, 3, ..., n) of natural numbers n.

>>> Every natural number is in some term of S.
>>> U s_n = |N
>>> forall n exists i : n e s_i.

>>> S is constructed by adding s_(i+1) after s_(i). So we have
>>> (1) forall n, forall i : (n < i <==> ~(n e s_i)) & (n >= i <==> n e
>>> s_i).

>>> There is no term s_n of S that contains all natural numbers.
>>
>> Since the s_n are defined in terms of finite sets, this
>> is true.
>>

>>> This
>>> condition requires
>>> (2) exist j, k, m, n : m e s_j & ~(m e s_k) & ~(n e s_j) & n e s_k.

>> Notice that (2) is not a consequence of standard mathematics.

> No? And this is all counter-argument you have collected in five
> posts???

There is no arguing with you.
The assertions have no basis in standard mathematics.
Either you are proving a contradiction within standard
mathematics or you are not. You are not. Assertion is
not proof. Besides, I already looked at this argument
carefully. It is a WMytheology mistake -- not mathematics.

> How do you remove the problem that all n are in S, that all s_i are in
> S, that nothing else is in S, but that not all n are in one s_i?

S is a sequence of sequences. It is not |N.

The s_i in S are there by definition.

No s_i is defined to have all n in |N.

> In
> "standard mathematics" they usually say that every guy dances with a
> girl,

1-1 correspondence

> but that no guy dances with all girls.

That depends on definitions.

For example, given any fraction in lowest terms, there is
a representation for each n,

p/q :=> np/nq

There is a "guy" for each "girl" in |N

But one lucky "guy" gets all the "girls" because that
"guy" is the standard form.

> That means there is Joe
> who doesn't dance with Nancy and there is Karl who does not dance with
> Mary. But that is impossible in case of Steve who simultaneously
> dances with all girls he ever has met. Any other proposals?

Steve=p/q

Lucky Steve

WM is an unabashed ultrafinitist who refuses to fix
a largest finite number. Each "n" in his description
depends on the subsequence of triangular numbers.

> F(n)=Sum_i(1..n)(i)
>
> 1 :=> 1
> 2 :=> 3
> 3 :=> 6
> 4 :=> 10
>
> and so on

According to Brouwerian intuitionistic reasoning,
when WM's construction reaches the point where
the sequence of triangular numbers exceeds the
ultrafinitist limit, the contradiction nullifies
the construction.

This is WM's model of mathematics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite_model_property

until he reaches his contradiction and
it vanishes.

=====================================

The triangular numbers correspond with
the number of 'marks' representing numerals
or significant denotations occurring in any
of WM' representations of the form:

1
2, 1
3, 2, 1
n, ..., 3, 2, 1

-------------------------------------

This number of 'marks' satisfies a structural
feature of the natural numbers called a
directed set:

Defintion

A binary relation >= in a set D is said
to direct D if and only if D is nonempty
and the following three conditions are
satisfied:

DS1)

If a is an element of D, then a>=a

DS2)

If a, b, c are elements of D such
that a>=b and b>=c, then a>=c

DS3)

If a and b are elements of D, then there
exists an element c of D such that c>=a
and c>=b

So, WM's geometric reasoning for any given
n obtains a finite model domain with its
cardinality given by the associated
triangular number. The triangular number
is the "element c" of condition DS3 from
the definition.

-------------------------------------

Finally, Brouwer's explanation for finitary
reasoning is used because WM refuses to
commit to any mathematical statement with
coherent consistent usage.

Brouwer distinguishes between results with
regard to 'endless', 'halted' and
'contradictory' in his explanations

"A set is a law on the basis of
which, if repeated choices of