Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Waldek Hebisch

clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:

> clicliclic@freenet.de schrieb:

> > The Russian book "Integration of Functions" [...] published by A.F.
> > Timofeev [...] in 1948 provides [...] 533 integration examples [...].
> > I believe the whole would make a good independent integration test
> > suite because the book antedates all automated integrators and because
> > the author claims to cover the field thoroughly [...].

> Although no interest has been shown in this integration test suite, I
> have entered, checked, and amended all 81 integrals from chapter 1; the
> integrals are appended below. Occasional multiple evaluations illustrate
> alternatives worth pointing out, and integrals collected in vectors
> represent examples involving sub-cases. Suggestions how to format the
> integrals for easy testing of as systems as possible are welcome.

I am not sure is special treatment of subcases is good idea, because
it requires extra effort for parsing.

> On these integrals, the performance of Derive 6.10 has been measured
> with the integration variable limited to real values (the default mode
> around which the system was built) - to declare the variable complex
> should be considered unfair:
>
> ch. ex's Der. Mpl MMA etc. etc.
> 6.10 ... ...
> ---------------------------------------
> 1 81 79 ?? ??

> -------------------------------------
> 100% 97.5% ????% ????%

FYI FriCAS produces result for all integrals (after expanding
cases I got 86 integrals). Note: I did not check the results,
for quick testing I joined split lines, removed '[', ','
']' and all results. I needed to replace '#e' by '%e',
after that FriCAS could parse your examples and with few
macros understand them.

--
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl

Date Subject Author