Topic: Mathematica integration Vs Sympy
Replies: 7   Last Post: Apr 23, 2013 9:38 PM

Alex Krasnov

Re: Mathematica integration Vs Sympy

Mathematica's Integrate implicitly assumes that parameters have generic
values. The result can be invalid for special values, in this case, a==1.
It appears that the same is true for SymPy's integrate, as u.subs({a:1})
demonstrates.

For other values, the Mathematica and SymPy results appear to differ by
a constant of integration. Both results are valid. This is a consequence
of different integration procedures and can occur even for the same
integral in different forms in Mathematica and presumably SymPy.

Alex