Topic: Find the function that best fits
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 21, 2013 5:18 AM

Bill Rowe

Re: Find the function that best fits

On 4/20/13 at 5:45 AM, JFONFRIA@UJAEN.ES (JFONFRIA) wrote:

>I have implemented a code to obtain information. Now I want to
>obtain a function that fits to this information. Is there any option
>to say to Mathematica to look for the best function that fit to
>dates?

No. The problem you pose is ill defined and open ended. Key is
defining what is meant by "best". Mathematica provides a variety
of tools suitable for fitting functions to data. It is up to you
to use them appropriately. And only you can define
"appropriate", "best" etc for your application.