Topic: time consuming problem and MKL and other solutions to speed up
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 21, 2013 10:00 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: time consuming problem and MKL and other solutions to speed up

On 4/21/2013 8:39 AM, ghasem wrote:
>> It is done automatically by Matlab functions when needed. They
>> use the MKL.
>>
>> If you want to use MKL directly, then do not use Matlab, you can
>> call lapack and blas functions directly using Fortran or C or C++.
>>
>> --Nasser

> ===================

> I'm not familiar with these programming languages.I want to use from matlab.
> I think that matlab doesn't use from BLAS or LAPACK directly.
> so,I want to use from a method,such that matlab use from BLAS or LAPACK libraries directly.
> but,I don't know anything about how use from them in matlab.
> please direct me step by step,if it is possible...
> ghasem

As I said again, Matlab allready uses MKL.

When you type A\b matlab will end up calling a function in MKL.
Lapack and blas live in the MKL. MKL is just an optimsed version
of these public libraries build by intel.

----------------------
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_Kernel_Library

"Intel's Math Kernel Library (MKL) is a library of
optimized math routines for science, engineering,
and financial applications. Core math functions
include BLAS, LAPACK, ScaLAPACK, sparse solvers,
fast Fourier transforms, and vector math."

So, when you keep saying you want to use MKL from Matlab, then
the answer will always be, Matlab allready uses MKL.

And since you do not want to call lapack and other libraries
directly from another language, then I am not sure what is it
you are asking for.

May be someone else can understand your question better and can
answer you better.

good luck,
--Nasser