Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

Waldek Hebisch

clicliclic@freenet.de wrote:

> The following table summarizes the performance data made available so
> far. I am no longer counting integral 29 (requiring a non-default
> setting of a simplification flag) among the successes of Derive. I am
> assuming that results produced by FriCAS never consist of error messages
> or involve unresolved integrals or non-elementary functions.

Yes, FriCAS produced elementary results. I have now checked them
by differentiation. FriCAS 1.2.0 produced one wrong result
for INT(1/(x*log(x/a)+x)), x). This was silly bug (fixed in
trunk) which caused extra 'a' factor in the answer. In two
cases FriCAS is unable to simplify difference between integrand
and derivative of the integral -- both cases involve potentally
different branches of square roots. One is:

+-----+
| 1
|-----
\|x + 1 1