Topic: Determining 'classname' such that isa(v,'classname') will be true
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 11:33 AM

Steven Lord

Re: Determining 'classname' such that isa(v,'classname') will be true

"Paul " <paulremovethispartjackson@jhuapl.edu> wrote in message
> "Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message
> <kkotjj$pu7$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

*snip*

> Steve,
>
> Thanks for the response about the superclasses function. I guess I wasn't
> the only one who thought there was a need for something like this ;).
> However, I am disappointed that this wasn't easy to find in the
> documenation (at least for me). I think that starting here:
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/get-information-about-classes-and-objects.html
>
> should have made this easy to find, i.e., the class of an object and its
> superclasses seem like pretty fundamental information about a class.
> Furthermore , the doc page for class
>
> http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/class.html
>
> should include superclasses in the See Also list (especially since it
> points to metaclass)
> and the doc page for superclasses should include class in its See Also
> list, and the doc page for meta.class should include a link to
> superclasses in the defintion of the SuperClassList.
>
> Incidentally, it seems to me that superclasses is in the wrong part of the
> doc anyway. It's over in "Defining Matlab Classes" when in fact it's not
> a function that's used to actually define a matlab class.
> Thanks for all of the help, it is much appreciated.

I've passed this feedback along to the documentation staff responsible for
the documentation of the MATLAB class system.

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com