Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

Waldek Hebisch schrieb:

> Yes, FriCAS produced elementary results. I have now checked them
> by differentiation. FriCAS 1.2.0 produced one wrong result
> for INT(1/(x*log(x/a)+x)), x). This was silly bug (fixed in
> trunk) which caused extra 'a' factor in the answer. In two
> cases FriCAS is unable to simplify difference between integrand
> and derivative of the integral -- both cases involve potentally
> different branches of square roots. One is:
>
> +-----+
> | 1
> |-----
> \|x + 1 1
> - atan(--------) + atan(----------------)
> +-----+ +-----+
> | x | x +-----+
> |----- |----- \|x + 1
> \|x + 1 \|x + 1
>
> The other is is similar, but bigger.

This expression differentiates to

SQRT(x/(x+1))*(SQRT(1/(x+1)) - 1/SQRT(x+1))/(2*x)

which is zero everywhere except on the negative real axis for x < -1.
(It is no delta function, however.)

-

The following table summarizes the performance data made available so
far.

ch. ex's Der. Fri. Mpl MMA etc. etc.
6.10 1.20 17 ...
1 81 78 80 80 ??
2 90 - - - -
3 14 - - - -
4 132 - - - -
5 120 - - - -
6 26 - - - -
7 11 - - - -
8 59 - - - -
100% 96.3% 98.8% 98.8% ????%

FriCAS has been stripped of the title! There is a tie now between FriCAS
and Maple, and no clear winner emerges.

What about the others: Is Lady Maxima on her death bed already? And Sir
Axiom? Is Sympy still nothing but a Dreikäsehoch? Has Mathematica gone
fully Coca Cola already? Any one of them has a chance to become the one
and only winner!

Martin.

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de