Topic: number of values on the x axis
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 3:29 PM

Re: number of values on the x axis

On 4/22/2013 12:08 PM, zack00 wrote:
> Hi
> I have a axes with 10 number of values on x axis..If I starting plot
> signal number of values will automatically change..sometimes is it 6
> values, sometimes is it 8 values
> But I want still 10 values on x axis..How can i do it?

If it's always an ordinal number on x axis and you want 1:10 as the
x-axis limits whatever the number in the plot vector use xlim() to set
the limits.

xlim([1 10])

If the x-axis values are something other than ordinal use appropriate
limits. Can also set the 'xtick' property specifically.