Topic: number of values on the x axis
Replies: 2   Last Post: Apr 22, 2013 3:29 PM

Matthew

Re: number of values on the x axis

zack00 <p.hilovsky@gmail.com> wrote in message <681e2b9f-465b-44a2-a5b9-a3d8afbbc306@googlegroups.com>...
> Hi
> I have a axes with 10 number of values on x axis..If I starting plot signal number of values will automatically change..sometimes is it 6 values, sometimes is it 8 values
> But I want still 10 values on x axis..How can i do it?

Zack, you could use a listener as followes

setappdata(axesHandle,'TickListener',addlisteneraxesHandle,'XTick','PreSet',@(src,event)maintainTicks(0,0,axesHandle)))

where the function maintainTicks is something like

function maintainTicks(~,~,axesHandle)

xLimAxes = xlim(axesHandle) %Get the current limits
set(axesHandle,'xticks', linspace(xLimAxes(1),xLimAxes(2),10)) %Set the tick marks where you want them