Topic: Matheology § 255
Replies: 69   Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 9:49 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 255

On 22 Apr., 21:18, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> In article
> <a0dc77ed-6546-41c9-8d89-8315c71b3...@c9g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > Can you name an n that is in a column but not in a horizontal line?
>
> For any given horizontal line, I can.

The question is for all horizontal lines.

> > If not, why do you believe that the comlums contain more than every
> > horzontal line?

> Why do you misrepresent what I said so obviously?
>
> Given any column and any line,
> that column contains numbers not in that line.

That is not the question.
The question is whether there is a line with all nunbers of the
columns.

> But the union of the set of all columns and the union of the set of all
> lines  are the same.

The union of the set of all lines is a line, since every line is the
union of all preceding lines. Therefore, if we have infinitely many
lines, we have infinitely many unions. More is not possible, is it?

> > And you have not shown how it is possible to have more naturals in a
> > column than in every horizontal line. Nevertheless you claim to have
> > shown that erroneously.

> No! You claim erroneously that I have claimed it.
> But it is your quantifier dyslexia at work again.

Drop your edrroneous understanding of quantifiers. Answer the
mathematical questions:
1) Is there a line with infinitely many numbers?
2) Is there a number in the first column that is not in a line
together with all its preceding numbers?

> What I actually claimed is that there are more naturals in ANY ONE
> column than in ANY ONE line, but did NOT claim more naturals in all
> columns collectively than in all lines collectively.

All that is contained in all lines collectively, is also contained in
one single line s_i. Or
exist j, k, m, n : m e s_j & ~(m e s_k) & ~(n e s_j) & n e s_k.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
4/20/13
Read Matheology § 255