Topic: Matheology § 255
Replies: 69   Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 9:49 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 255

In article
<099a4356-2705-48af-a893-2dfa8f901403@w1g2000vbw.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 22 Apr., 21:18, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <a0dc77ed-6546-41c9-8d89-8315c71b3...@c9g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > Can you name an n that is in a column but not in a horizontal line?
> >
> > For any given horizontal line, I can.

> The question is for all horizontal lines.

> > > If not, why do you believe that the comlums contain more than every
> > > horzontal line?

> > Why do you misrepresent what I said so obviously?
> >
> > Given any column and any line,
> > that column contains numbers not in that line.

> That is not the question.

But it is the answer!

> The question is whether there is a line with all nunbers of the
> columns.

That is a different question to which my answer is
"No! There is no line with all the number of the columns."

> > But the union of the set of all columns and the union of the set of all
> > lines  are the same.

> The union of the set of all lines is a line

If that were so, then WM should be able to give us the number of that
line.

> since every line is the
> union of all preceding lines.

Actually, NO line is equal to the union of all preceding lines.

> > > And you have not shown how it is possible to have more naturals in a
> > > column than in every horizontal line. Nevertheless you claim to have
> > > shown that erroneously.

> > No! You claim erroneously that I have claimed it.
> > But it is your quantifier dyslexia at work again.

> Drop your edrroneous understanding of quantifiers. Answer the
> mathematical questions:

Those questions do not

> > What I actually claimed is that there are more naturals in ANY ONE
> > column than in ANY ONE line, but did NOT claim more naturals in all
> > columns collectively than in all lines collectively.

> All that is contained in all lines collectively, is also contained in
> one single line s_i.

Which line would than be that contains the largest member of the next
line ?

Which line, s_i, would it be that can contain i+1 ?

> exist j, k, m, n : m e s_j & ~(m e s_k) & ~(n e s_j) & n e s_k.

Only in WMytheology.

If, for each natural number i, s_i = { n in |N: n <= i},
then for every h in |N, (h in s_i) <==> (h <= i)

Thus WM's "m e s_j & ~(m e s_k) & ~(n e s_j) & n e s_k"
says (m <= j) & ( m > k) & (n > j) & (n <= k)
or (m <= j) & (k < m) & (j < n) & (n <= k)
but (m <= j) & (j <n) => (m < n)
and (k < m) & (n <= k) => (n < m)
so in WOLKENMUEKENHEIM one has n < n and m < m.

Which claim requires a good deal more proof that WM has supplied.
--

Date Subject Author
4/20/13
Read Matheology § 255