Topic: "WORLD'S MOST PRODUCTIVE SCIENTISTS" LIST
Replies: 18   Last Post: Apr 27, 2013 2:52 AM

Tom Potter

Re: "WORLD'S MOST PRODUCTIVE SCIENTISTS" LIST

"Graham Cooper" <grahamcooper7@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Apr 23, 5:55 pm, "Tom Potter" <tdp1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Compare Einstein's most important invention
>> which is described at the URL below. to the:
>>
>> Apple - Jump started personal computing.

>They bought off the shelf components and assembled
>them and got the disk drives working... ?
>

>> Lisa - Jump started object oriented languages, mouse, etc..
>> Next - Platform for world's first web browser and
>> the software basis for today's Macintosh and Iphone systems.
>> Ipod - Set the standard for digital music players.
>> Itune store - Set the standard for online software stores.
>> Iphone - Set the standard for modern phones.
>> IPod - Set the standard for the tablet computers.
>> Pixar - Set the standard for computerized movie making.
>>
>> Compare Steve Jobs work with Einstein's patent which is described at the
>> URL
>> below.
>>
>> http://www.google.com/patents?id=zRpsAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=...
>>
>> http://allaboutstevejobs.com/movies/miscmovies.php
>>
>> http://allaboutstevejobs.com/movies/steveisms.php
>>
>> Also observe that Einstein created a model that
>> generate more heat than light and
>> wastes time, money. and minds,
>>
>> whereas Jobs created models
>> that set the standards in computing, music,
>> communications, marketing and movie making.>

>These guys are salesmen, you put them on a scientists list!
>
>a IPHONE???
>
>Apple stole the WINDOWS GUI off XEROX
>
>May as well add Calvin Klein to the list..
>
>Herc

It is interesting to see that my pal Herc
seems to believe that one has to be on
the public dole, steal the works of others,
and be promoted by the government or the Mass Media
to qualify as a scientist.

After Pulitzer stole enough during the Civil war as a mercenary
and after the Civil War as a Carpet Bagger,
to buy the largest St. Louis and New York newspapers,

Jews imulate him and flocked to the newspapers,
and after Edison invented audio and video recording ,
they stole his inventions and used the composite Mass Media
to make Einstein a Poster Boy to

in order to rationalize why Jews came into conflict
with all of their neighbors throughout history,
and why the Jewish culture
was vastly inferior to the cultures of Egypt, Persia,
India, China, Greece, Rome, Mayan, Inca, Aztec, etc.

Note for example although Einstein's model generates more heat than light
and wastes time, money and minds on pursuits
beyond man's capacity to ever experience in time and space,
like the beginning and end of time
and the mind of God,

the Mass Media declared and promoted Einstein as
"The person of the century"

even though hi model cannot compare to the Watson/Crick DNA model
that is used millions of times every day to improve health care,
improve food crops, fight crime, reconstruct history, etc.

The best measure of the value of a new cultural input
is how well it succeeds in transforming culture.

Compare the success of the works of Edison, Newton, Maxwell, and Jobs
to the Einstein model and his invention described at the URL below,
and observe the positive effects they had on society.

http://www.google.com/patents?id=zRpsAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&dq=albert+einstein#PPA1,M1

As Newton and Jobs said:
"If I have been able to see farther,
it is because I stood on the shoulders of giants."

( Xerox, Kepler, Galileo, etc.)

I suggest that the greatest scientists
are NOT the people hyped by race, religion, government
or the Mass Media,

but those who create the most used and most useful forks
off of the cultural input they inherit.

"A scientist, in a broad sense, is one engaging in a systematic activity
to acquire knowledge. In a more restricted sense,
a scientist is an individual who uses the scientific method."

I suggest that Edison and Jobs were more "PRODUCTIVE SCIENTISTS"
than a guy with a PhD on the taxpayer dole,
working on a taxpayer funded billion dollar program,
who gets his name attached to an experiment
that costs more to society than it returns,
and gets a Nobel Prize for his participation.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

--
Tom Potter

http://the-cloud-machine.tk