Topic: 3 Y axes wih 4 variable
Replies: 9   Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 9:28 AM

dpb

Re: 3 Y axes wih 4 variable

On 4/23/2013 10:19 PM, Murat wrote:
> dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <kl6tg0$pt9$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 4/23/2013 11:18 AM, Murat wrote:
>> > i got some progress in my programme. now i have a question ; how can i
>> > get the curves smooth in this codes? ;

>> Well, Q and Qs look pretty smooth to me as is...h0 and f not so much.
>>
>> I guess the answer to the question depends on what you think "smooth"
>> is--you might start w/ the BasicFitting toolbox and see what you think
>> of its selection of splines.
>>
>> --
>>

> thank you for your reply
>
> i mean as in the image h0 and f has no edge. they are like curves as in
> the x^2. am i clear now?
> http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1750/3yaxeswith2common.png

Well, they were fortunate to have data points that were/are much
smoother. You'll have to smudge your data or use a fitted functional
smoothing function as suggested -- but it won't then represent the
actual datapoints you have as well.

That's the point was making before--you'll have to decide what's more
important--beauty or the data. Be careful if it's experimental data of
misrepresenting reality if this is anything other than an exercise, however.