Topic: closed universe, flat space?
Replies: 48   Last Post: May 5, 2013 2:45 PM

herbert glazier

Re: closed universe, flat space?

On Apr 24, 1:37 pm, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 23 Apr, 22:06, kenseto <seto...@att.net> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 23, 3:23 pm, RichD <r_delaney2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > Supposedly, our universe is closed and finite, although the
> > > geometry and topology isn't precisely known.  This means
> > > a straight line (geodesic)  traveler must return to his starting
> > > poiint, yes/no?  Hence, curved space.

> > > At the same time, astronomers claim, that space is flat, to
> > > the precision of their measurements.  Usually, this is
> > > accompanied by the comment that the universe is balanced
> > > between infinite expansion, or eventual collapse, we can't
> > > tell which.

> > > So, space is closed, but also flat...  back in my day, they
> > > had something called a logical contradiction, which was
> > > considered a bad thing, but I guess times change...
> > > viva progress -

> > That's the problem with current theories....it includes all
> > possibilities.
> > According to my theory space (structured aether called the E-Matrix)
> > is curved locally but flat globally. A paper on my theory is availble
> > in the following link:http://www.modelmechanics.org/2011universe.pdf

> An origami created out of a flat charge filament the mother of
> graphene, where charge displacement vortices creating new
> subparticles, wich floating around in the filament and wrap it in best
> folding style.
> Once you can charge different regions of a graphene with different
> polarity, you can build the most astonishing gadgets.

Space has the shape of a saddle,and it uses this to shape all there
is. TreErt

Date Subject Author
4/23/13
Read closed universe, flat space?
Rich Delaney
4/23/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Poutnik
4/24/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
4/29/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Rich Delaney
4/23/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
kenseto
4/24/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
JT
4/24/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
herbert glazier
4/24/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Double-A
4/23/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Nicolas Bonneel
4/29/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Rich Delaney
4/29/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Mike Terry
4/23/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
xxein
4/23/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/23/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Butch Malahide
4/23/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Newberry
4/24/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Koobee Wublee
4/24/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/24/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Koobee Wublee
4/24/13
Read space is locally curved, as has been measured
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/25/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/25/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
herbert glazier
4/25/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/25/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
bradguth@gmail.com
4/27/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/4/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
bradguth@gmail.com
5/5/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/25/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Koobee Wublee
4/25/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/25/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Koobee Wublee
4/25/13
Read closed universe, flat space, ignore Minkowski's worse nD geometry;
thank you
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/26/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space, ignore Minkowski's worse nD
geometry; thank you
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/27/13
Read curved space and/or curved time (time is the "real, scalar" part of
vector mechanics -- like a God-am clock
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/27/13
Read Re: curved space and/or curved time (time is the "real, scalar" part
of vector mechanics -- like a God-am clock
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/27/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Tom Roberts
4/27/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Koobee Wublee
4/27/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/29/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Rich Delaney
4/29/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
dan.ms.chaos@gmail.com
4/29/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Koobee Wublee
4/30/13
Read Kepler uncovered the curvature via his three orbital constraints
(reciprocal of diameter)
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/30/13
Read Minkowski was an otherwise-great geometer!
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/1/13
Read Minkowski, Minkowski, Minkowski -- say it, againsville
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/1/13
Read Kepler's cosmological curvature thingies
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/3/13
Read Re: closed universe, flat space?
Rich Delaney