Replies: 128   Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 3:21 PM

clicliclic@freenet.de

Richard Fateman schrieb:

> I'm not sure what the relevance is of DERIVE's performance, since the
> program is neither supported nor distributed at this time, but the
> syntax looked almost identical to Macsyma (commercial, not supported
> or distributed) so I tried to run it through Macsyma 2.4.0
>
> [...]
>
> 2. The results were the same with MAXIMA.
>
> RJF
>
> The test suite as used
>
> integrate(1/(a^2-b^2*x^2),x);
> integrate(1/(a^2+b^2*x^2),x);
> [...]

Some quick remarks on your converted suite: You have 85 entries. The
original (like Chapter 1 of the book) has 81 items where items 14 and 15
are vectors holding two integrals each, item 30 again holds two
integrals, and item 48 holds three integrals. This makes a total of 86
integrals.

Derive's #e seems to have been converted to %w (there is no %e in your
suite).

Detailed comments tomorrow (if feasible, else later).

Martin.

Date Subject Author
clicliclic@freenet.de
clicliclic@freenet.de