Topic: Easy to get the audio out of sync with the graphics (Repost)
Replies: 14   Last Post: Apr 26, 2013 11:08 PM

Louis Talman

Re: Speak errors (was Re: audio)

On Fri, 26 Apr 2013 02:25:16 -0600, Richard Fateman
<fateman@cs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Mathematica
> has an option to insert audible parentheses, but that is clumsy, and it
> should not be necessary.

When I was a graduate student many moons ago, I read research journal
articles onto tape for a blind mathematician.

I have to disagree that inserting audible parentheses isn't necessary. It
may be clumsy, but most of audible mathematics is clumsy. There are, I
think, few alternatives, short of using something akin to (reverse) Polish
notation, for some folks.

--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State University of Denver

<http://rowdy.msudenver.edu/~talmanl>