The Math Forum

Topic: Problem with RUN while calling a script
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 5, 2013 2:42 PM

Félix B-Audet

Re: Problem with RUN while calling a script

"Steven_Lord" <slord@mathworks.com> wrote in message <kjn1o1$s54$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> "Flix B-Audet" <bisf@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using a .m script as a scenario's parameters definition file and I
> > want to call it inside a function. I define the script file name and path
> > trough the function uigetfile and then call the script as following:
> >
> > [FileName, PathName]=uigetfile({'*.m', 'M-files (*.m)'}, 'Pick a scenario
> > file');
> > CompletePath=fullfile(PathName, FileName);
> > run(CompletePath);
> > The first time I call the function, there is no problem, but when I call
> > it for the second time, I get the error:
> >
> > ??? Error using ==> run at 56
> > Incorrect number of right hand side elements in dot name assignment.
> > Missing [] around left hand side is a likely cause.
> > The only solution I have now is to restart Matlab. It will then work a
> > single time again.

> It's impossible to say for certain without more information, but my guess is
> that the parameter definition file creates a function file that has the same
> name as one of the functions called by RUN on line 56? Or perhaps you have
> your own run.m that's taking precedence over the one included with MATLAB
> and that's causing a problem?
>
> --
> Steve Lord
> slord@mathworks.com
> http://www.mathworks.com

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your help even if I do not understand your answer completely.

First, the definition file does not create anything. All it does is set the workspace variables. It is precisely the file called by RUN on line 56.

Secondly, I checked with the function WHICH and I do not have another RUN function neither as EVALIN.

Finally I compared the workspaces of a successful call with a non-successful call and they are identical. The only solution I have at the moment is to restart Matlab every time.

Thanks again

Félix