Topic: help in genetic algorithm
Replies: 5   Last Post: Apr 8, 2013 4:27 PM

George Bora

Re: help in genetic algorithm

"mado " <elec_mnf@yahoo.com> wrote in message <kju83h$bnu$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> i want to ask about genetic algorithm , i am using it to tune pid parameters but it gives different p, i d values in every running and it?s not satisfying , need your help
> i don't know is this problem of ga parameters or it's the objective function

It's supossed to give different parameters at each run, ok not wildly different, so if that's your only problem it's not actually a problem.

If you find that the parameters which show up consistently fall short of your needed performance I would suggest, I'm a newbie myself, these two paths:
a) Increase the number of generations
b) If you notice the algortihm is exiting very early i.e. at a low generation increase your criteria for exiting the genetic algorithm.

Hope this helps.