Topic: the situation is worse than you thought
Replies: 40   Last Post: May 17, 2013 12:54 AM

quasi

Re: the situation is worse than you thought

Phillip Helbig wrote:
>quasi wrote:
>

>> In the UK, a billion _is_ equal to 100 million.
>
>No, it is not, and it never was.

A careless mistake on my part.

>The UK billion was a million million, i.e. a US trillion.
>1000 million, the equivalent of the US billion, was the
>milliard. However, US-style usage is becoming more prevalent
>in the UK, just as many people today say "radio" and no
>longer "wireless".
>
>In other languages, terms similar to the old UK usage are the
>only ones in use, e.g. German has Milliarde for 1000 million
>and Billion for one million million.
>

>> In the US, a billion equals 1000 million.
>
>Right.

So in the US, I may be qualified to vote, and in the UK,
perhaps I could drive a bus.

quasi

Date Subject Author
4/30/13
Read the situation is worse than you thought
Rich Delaney
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Edward A. Falk
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Michael A. Terrell
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Robin Chapman
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Rock Brentwood
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Robert Baer
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/16/13
Read thisBar slamSinto anAccelerometer TM
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/17/13
Read thisBar slamSinto aDecelerometer TM
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
karl
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jasen Betts
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Fred Abse
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Martin Brown
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
rickman
5/4/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
dagmargoodboat@yahoo.com
5/5/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
rickman
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Spehro Pefhany
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
George Herold
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jeff Liebermann
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Tom Del Rosso
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jeff Liebermann
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Tom Del Rosso
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Spehro Pefhany
5/16/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
timro21