Topic: the situation is worse than you thought
Replies: 40   Last Post: May 17, 2013 12:54 AM

John Larkin

Re: the situation is worse than you thought

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:02:18 -0400, Spehro Pefhany
<speffSNIP@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 06:41:11 -0700, John Larkin
><jjlarkin@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:26:37 -0700 (PDT), RichD <r_delaney2001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Yesterday, I was on a college shuttle bus. The driver
>>>was telling a passenger about the alumni donors, that
>>>you have to give a billion $ to get your name on a
>>>monument; "Do you know how much is a billion?
>>>It's about a hundred million"
>>>
>>>Are bus drivers allowed to vote? This explains much.

>>Bus drivers don't need to know this stuff. It's more disturbing when journalists
>>and politicians are obviously innumerate, which they generally are.
>>
>>Could be the driver was being ironic with that busload of college brats.

>If you want to feel sad, read some of the comments on this:
>
>http://www.yankodesign.com/2013/04/26/plug-it-on-the-window/
>
>I hope most of them are 'plants' by some amoral marketing firm. I'd
>hate to think that many people are so innumerate.
>
>All they need to do is to solve a couple of "technical problems".
>Kettles and toasters from something the size of a hockey puck. 8-(

That's great. A new way to make a comfortable living without much work: make up
ideas like this, get crowdsource funding, repeat as needed.

Maybe there was a reason that private investment and going-public fund raising
had some rules.

Check out these people!

http://www.yankodesign.com/about/

Thanks for the link; this is great stuff.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
VME analog, thermocouple, LVDT, synchro, tachometer

Date Subject Author
4/30/13
Read the situation is worse than you thought
Rich Delaney
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Edward A. Falk
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Michael A. Terrell
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Robin Chapman
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Rock Brentwood
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Robert Baer
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/16/13
Read thisBar slamSinto anAccelerometer TM
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/17/13
Read thisBar slamSinto aDecelerometer TM
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
karl
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jasen Betts
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Fred Abse
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Martin Brown
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
rickman
5/4/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
dagmargoodboat@yahoo.com
5/5/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
rickman
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Spehro Pefhany
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
George Herold
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jeff Liebermann
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Tom Del Rosso
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jeff Liebermann
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Tom Del Rosso
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Spehro Pefhany
5/16/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
timro21