Topic: the situation is worse than you thought
Replies: 40   Last Post: May 17, 2013 12:54 AM

George Herold

Re: the situation is worse than you thought

On Apr 30, 11:02 am, Spehro Pefhany
<speffS...@interlogDOTyou.knowwhat> wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 06:41:11 -0700, John Larkin
>
> <jjlar...@highNOTlandTHIStechnologyPART.com> wrote:

> >On Mon, 29 Apr 2013 21:26:37 -0700 (PDT), RichD <r_delaney2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >>Yesterday, I was on a college shuttle bus.  The driver
> >>was telling a passenger about the alumni donors, that
> >>you have to give a billion $ to get your name on a
> >>monument;  "Do you know how much is a billion?
> >>It's about a hundred million"

> >>Are bus drivers allowed to vote?  This explains much.
>
> >Bus drivers don't need to know this stuff. It's more disturbing when journalists
> >and politicians are obviously innumerate, which they generally are.

> >Could be the driver was being ironic with that busload of college brats.
>
> If you want to feel sad, read some of the comments on this:
>
> http://www.yankodesign.com/2013/04/26/plug-it-on-the-window/
>
> I hope most of them are 'plants' by some amoral marketing firm. I'd
> hate to think that many people are so innumerate.
>
> All they need to do is to solve a couple of "technical problems".
> Kettles and toasters from something the size of a hockey puck. 8-(

Fun... they have stainless steel ice cubes too. ('cause ice doesn't
cool very well) They need someone who has done some thermodynamics.

George H.

Date Subject Author
4/30/13
Read the situation is worse than you thought
Rich Delaney
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Edward A. Falk
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Michael A. Terrell
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Robin Chapman
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Rock Brentwood
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Robert Baer
5/15/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/16/13
Read thisBar slamSinto anAccelerometer TM
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/17/13
Read thisBar slamSinto aDecelerometer TM
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
karl
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jasen Betts
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Fred Abse
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Martin Brown
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
rickman
5/4/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
dagmargoodboat@yahoo.com
5/5/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
rickman
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
5/1/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
quasi
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Spehro Pefhany
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
George Herold
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jeff Liebermann
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Tom Del Rosso
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Jeff Liebermann
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
John Larkin
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Tom Del Rosso
4/30/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
Spehro Pefhany
5/16/13
Read Re: the situation is worse than you thought
timro21