Topic: PARCC Definition of Trapezoid
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jun 19, 2013 9:47 AM

GPJ

From: Broome County
Registered: 10/3/11
RE: PARCC Definition of Trapezoid

Before we dive into the "inclusive" vs. "exclusive" trapezoid wars. I'm not sure anyone will be all right or all wrong on this, it sounds more like two well-grounded options.

After hearing a great presentation by Brian Cohen at Rye Brook AMTNYS fall conference I wanted to run this by others for input:

I think PARCC has higher level math supporting the inclusive side.
However, our PK-5 teachers have textbooks (even CCSS aligned) that still use the exclusive rule. Even though text books aren't authoritative, they are widely used and matches what is being taught.
Browsing through the latest textbook samples I have, Glencoe (2013) uses exclusive definition and one of Pearson's uses inclusive and others are vague.

I thought this was on Algebra or geometry regents before with the inclusive definition?

I also think there was a group working on CCLS glossary, not affiliated with State Ed anyone heard anything about this?

~Gene Jordan