Topic: PARCC Definition of Trapezoid
Replies: 15   Last Post: Jun 19, 2013 9:47 AM

Elise Teitelbaum

Re: PARCC Definition of Trapezoid
att1.html (11.0 K)

I have been teaching for almost 40 years and I too have seen one definition
used in some text books while the other definition is used in others.

Do the test writers monitor this forum? (They should.) Are they aware of
this problem? (They ought to be.) Are they aware enough to be sure that
this issue does not cause one group of students using one definition to
lose precious points on their test? (I sure hope so.) Am I confident that
they will be careful about this? (NOPE!!)

How can we ensure that this will not be a problem on these all important
upcoming exams?