Topic: Matheology � 258
Replies: 2   Last Post: May 3, 2013 12:18 AM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 258

In article <2e53d705-cdf5-467b-a336-53874a141fba@googlegroups.com>,
Zeit Geist <tucsondrew@me.com> wrote:

> > If your "Y c X" in the above means that Y is PROPER subset of X ( a
> >
> > subset of X but not equal to X) then your statement is quite correct,
> >
> > but the "Y c X" notation is not always interpreted as requiring "not
> >
> > equal to".
> >

> Thanks Virgil,
>
> I realized that I didn't mention that. That is how I usually interpret it,
> but not everyone does. Of course, things get interpreted rather
> strangely around here.
>
> ZG

Which is why I try to be as precise and clear as possible.

But no matter how hard I try, WM, for one, manages to both misinterpret
and misrepresent what I have said.