Topic: Re: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies
#2 - ADDENDUM #2

Replies: 21   Last Post: May 5, 2013 9:47 PM

Bill Marsh

From: Port Angeles, WA
Registered: 12/22/08
Re: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies
#2 - ADDENDUM #2

Haim,

The fact that you have never heard of David Berliner shows how
ignorant you are about education.

Bill

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:
> Wayne Mackey Posted: May 2, 2013 6:50 PM
>

>> Haim,
>>
>>It doesn't even help them much to go to college. Many,
>>many teachers give grades based on little or no
>>indication the student has learned anything at all. Even
>>college grades are nearly meaningless.

> Ah, so you have noticed this, too :) Now, please remind me, what are David Berliner and his friends going on about?
>
> Let me take this opportunity to offer an apology by means of an explanation. I realize my comments may seem contentious to some, and I am sorry for that. I rarely post to this forum, but David Berliner calling people, who disagree with him, liars even as we daily pick our way through the rubble of a once serviceable education system, was more than I could stand, and I had to say something.
>
> I would ask Berliner, are there really no problems with our public schools? Is calling people liars the way to promote constructive discussion? I confess I had never heard of David Berliner until this thread but, given this thread, it is hard not to assume the worst about the man.
>
> Haim

Date Subject Author
4/27/13
Read Re: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies
#2 - ADDENDUM #2
Richard Hake
4/29/13
Read Re: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
Haim
4/30/13
Read Re: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
Haim
4/30/13
Read RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2
- ADDENDUM #2
Petrak, Daniel G.
4/30/13
Read Re: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
Haim
5/2/13
Read RE: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies
#2 - ADDENDUM #2
Wayne Mackey
5/3/13
Read RE: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies
#2 - ADDENDUM #2
Phil Mahler
5/3/13
Read Re: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
Alain Schremmer
5/3/13
Read Re: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
Guy Brandenburg
5/3/13
Read Re: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
Alain Schremmer
5/3/13
Read RE: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of
Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
RotmanJ
5/3/13
#2 - ADDENDUM #2
Wayne Mackey
5/3/13
Read Re: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies #2 - ADDENDUM #2
Haim
5/5/13
Read RE: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies
#2 - ADDENDUM #2
Phil Mahler
5/5/13
Read RE: RE: David Berliner on "A Nation at Risk": Three Decades of Lies
#2 - ADDENDUM #2
Gilligan, Lawrence \(gilliglg\)
5/5/13