Topic: Alternating series question
Replies: 32   Last Post: Jun 26, 2013 10:55 PM

David C. Ullrich

Re: Bullphitting

On Fri, 03 May 2013 09:17:55 +0100, Robin Chapman
<R.J.Chapman@ex.ac.uk> wrote:

>On 03/05/2013 03:17, 1treePetrifiedForestLane wrote:
>> the formula, compared to the heuristical value
>> of Brun's constant, is more than adequate;

>Does that mean true, or not?
>

>> I have simply been putting it as,
>> "Brun's constant is not transcendental;
>> assume that it is & derive a contradiction."

>But you steadfastly refuse to provide any details
>or any reference .... Are you sure you didn't
>dream it?

I don't know what you're going on about here.
Brun's constant is obviously rational, being the
sum of rationals. Maybe you're stuck on showing
that a rational number cannot be transcendental?
I don't recall exactly how that's proved...

Heh.

Date Subject Author
4/21/13
Read Alternating series question
RGVickson@shaw.ca
4/21/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
gus gassmann
4/21/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Mike Terry
4/21/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
gus gassmann
4/24/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/25/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Robin Chapman
4/26/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/26/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Robin Chapman
4/26/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/26/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/27/13
Read secondroot(secondpower(phi) plus one) -- no teragona were suffered to
find Brun's constant
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/26/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Brian Q. Hutchings
6/26/13
Read Re: Alternating series question
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/29/13
Read secondroot(phi plus two) -- no regular tetragona were suffered to
find Brun's constant!
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/29/13
Read Big Phi: secondroot(phi plus two) -- no regular tetragona were
suffered to find Brun's constant!
Brian Q. Hutchings
4/30/13
Read Re: secondroot(phi plus two) -- no regular tetragona were suffered
to find Brun's constant!
Robin Chapman
4/30/13
Read secondroot(phi plus two) = Brun's constant phi mysticism
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/1/13
Read golden section wiitering
Robin Chapman