Topic: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
Replies: 25   Last Post: May 4, 2013 11:24 PM

Graham Cooper

Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method

On May 4, 12:55 pm, fom <fomJ...@nyms.net> wrote:
> On 5/3/2013 7:54 PM, Graham Cooper wrote:
>

> > So you claim
>
> > ALL ANTIDIAGONALS OF ALL PERMUTATIONS ARE MISSING!
>

> I make none of these claims.
>
> For the record, however, I do not use phrases
> like "anti-diagonal".  I speak of the "constructed
> number" or "constructed representation".  And, in
> this, there is no changing of diagonal elements of
> a given list.
>
> And, you are quite correct that for each n, the
> finite initial segment of the constructed number
> will correspond with initial segments of listed
> elements greater than n.

RIGHT! This is your *trick* that has you yourselves all fooled!

Next you use a tangential argument that

0.3
0.33
0.333
..

contains all finite initial segments of 0.333... right?

but 0.333.. is missing from the list!

KABLAMO!!!

CANTOR MUST BE RIGHT!

Sheer nonsense though....

--------------

Any List can be broken into arbitrary segments.

0. a11 a12 a13 a14 a15 a16 ...
0. a21 a22 a23 a24 a25 a26 ...
0. a31 a32 a33 a34 a35 a36 ...

/\
\/

0. < a11 a12 a13 > < a14 a15 a16 > ...
0. < a21 a22 > < a23 a24 a25 a26 > ...
0. < a31 a32 a33 > < a34 > < a35 a36 ...

This is how (infinite) data packets are "CHUNKED" in TCP-IP

-------------------------

Using this format of REAL NUMBERS

D = <a11 a22 a33> <a44 a55> <a66 a77 a88 a99> ...

AD = ???

The AD contains:

1/ NO UNIQUE SEGMENT
2/ NO COMBINATION OF UNIQUE SEGMENTS

IE. NO UNIQUE DIGIT SEQUENCE

Herc

Date Subject Author
4/21/13
Read mathematical infinite as a matter of method
fom
4/21/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
Virgil
5/2/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
Hercules ofZeus
5/2/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
fom
5/2/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
Virgil
5/3/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
Graham Cooper
5/3/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
fom
5/3/13
Read not testability; arises due identity relation(s)
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/3/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
Graham Cooper
5/3/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
fom
5/3/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
Graham Cooper
5/3/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
fom
5/3/13
Read Re: mathematical infinite as a matter of method
fom
5/4/13