Topic: interp2 can not handle matrix input??
Replies: 8   Last Post: May 6, 2013 4:11 PM

dpb

Re: interp2 can not handle matrix input??

On 5/4/2013 8:59 AM, Bruno Luong wrote:

>> as you can see, the result is different. I try this in matlab 2012b.

> I can't see. What I get is this:
>
> ====================
> 1 2
> 3 4
>
> 0.3679 0.2231
> 0.1353 0.0821
>
> 0.3679 0.2231
> 0.1353 0.0821
>
> It seems alright to me

Well, again I'm rushed but here

====================
1 2
3 4
0.3679 0.3679
0.1353 0.1353

0.3679 0.2231
0.1353 0.0821

First column same; second isn't.

>> ver
-----------------------------------
MATLAB Version: 8.0.0.783 (R2012b)

I recall was some discussion re: interpX here relatively recently re:
features being removed and that some areas were a little funky in what
had been added as extensions. I know at that time was before had
received the R2012b release and there were differences in how my release
(R12) handled some and didn't have some of the added cases that are, by
reading the doc, confusing at best in their description.

I also recall there being one problem in interp1 array inputs in early
release including R12 where if number of interpolants was greater than
number of terms in the table (columns>rows, iow), the order of
interpolation was swapped owing to the internal use of length() in the
function instead of size(x,1). Whether something like that has happened
again in a particular release I have no idea but on this release here,
at least, I seem to see OP's complaint...no time to delve into what's
going on at the moment, though, this has to be just a "drive by", sorry...