Topic: Calculate circumreference and area of circle without Pi is easy
Replies: 12   Last Post: May 9, 2013 12:49 AM

JT

Re: Calculate circumreference and area of circle without Pi is easy

On 7 Maj, 04:03, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Knowing that a hexagon built by isocles we can split them into right
> triangles and have hy^2-0.5hy^2=b^2.
> And from there we create a new dodecagon knowing the difference
> between base and hypotenuse we can calculate required heights of new
> vertices, we plug it in and get hypotenuse of triangle forming new
> vertice.
> We repeat all this splitting hexagon, dodecagon, 24, 48, 96, 192...
> recursively until sought smoothness of the circle is aquired while
> adding vertices and triangle areas.

I do not often program, it would take a day to make it. The smoothness
and number of vertices would be limited to 9007199254740992 by lack of
big numb in javascript, hypotenuse of split isocles in hexagon equals
the radius.