Topic: complicated equation including bessel functions
Replies: 22   Last Post: May 8, 2013 2:43 PM

Torsten

Re: complicated equation including bessel functions

"ghasem " <shaban_sadeghi@yahoo.com> wrote in message <kmdjg7$ga8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> > > How convert this equation to real and imaginary parts?
> > > I can not,because I arguments of bessel functions are complex.foe example:
> > > besseli(1,2+3*j)
> > > how separate for real and imaginary parts?
> > > ghasem

> > instead of
> > z -> besseli(1,z)
> >
> > consider
> > (x,y) -> (real(besseli(1,z), imag(besseli(1,z))), where z = 1+1iy.
> >
> > The later function is R^2 -> R^2, even intermediately it's a 1D complex function Z -> Z.

> ==================================
> thank you Mr abbasi and Bruno
> BUT,I think that you don't understand my equation.
> argument of bessel functions are complex,and also my unknown ('bet') is within these arguments.
> So,when you use from:
> real(besseli(1,z)) or,in total:
> real(my_final_equation)
> in fact you separate only real and imaginary parts in out of argument.but,my complex unknown exist within bessel arguments,aslo.
> So,when I introduce "syms bet" and write the code and finally use from:
> exp2(i) = fsolve(@(bet)eval(exp1(i)),my_guess);
> in fact,"bet" unknown is a parameter (inexp1(i)) equation),and MATLAB with real and imag command,can not separate real and imaginary parts of "bet".
> it is clear my explanations?
> thank you very much for your attention...
> ghasem

You solve in _two_ unknowns: bet_real and bet_imag.
You evaluate your bessel functions for z=bet_real+1j*bet_imag.
You return the real and imaginary part of exp1(i) to fsolve.
(Two equations in two unknowns).

Best wishes
Torsten.

Date Subject Author
5/7/13
Read complicated equation including bessel functions
ghasem
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
ghasem
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
Torsten
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
Bruno Luong
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
Torsten
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
ghasem
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
Bruno Luong
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
ghasem
5/8/13
Read Re: complicated equation including bessel functions
Nasser Abbasi
[...]
Steven Lord