Topic: Guide executable not fully loading
Replies: 1   Last Post: May 8, 2013 4:46 PM

Curious

Re: Guide executable not fully loading

"Brandon Williams" wrote in message <kme9h5$smf$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> I am having a problem running an executable through the compiler.
> Sometimes the gui will load fine but other times it seems to crash part way through opening and leave me with a semi functioning gui.
>
> I do not have much information about it but it seems to never happen when using right click -> open and happen consistently if the user clicks more than twice (I.E. a triple click).
>
> I have images of both the program running fine and it not opening correctly here: http://imgur.com/ZLOYMyT,oli8nVR
>
> My best guess is that partway into opening it is restarting the opening function. I say this because it looks like there are multiple instances of some of the objects.
>
> This problem will rarely occur in Matlab itself but no errors are produced.
>
> Any clue as to what may be occurring or help as to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you for your time,
> Brandon Williams

Try limiting the GUI so only one instance can be open at a time. See:

<<http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/creating_guis/gui-options.html>>

or specifically:

<<http://www.mathworks.com/help/matlab/creating_guis/gui-options.html#f9-998854>>

Maybe that will help.