Topic: SVN
Replies: 1   Last Post: May 15, 2013 3:35 PM

Doug Schwarz

Re: SVN

In article <kn0ld1$nai$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>,
"Jessica " <jyorzinski@ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> I recently updated to Mountain Lion and am trying to get Matlab to
> communicate with subversion client (needed for Psych Toolbox). I followed
> online tips to install Xcode and then install Command Line Tools. However,
> this still did not fix the problem.
>
> In the terminal, it seems that svn is installed (version 1.6.18). However,
> Matlab does not seem to detect it. Do I need to manually set my path to where
> subversion is saved? And if so, how do I find out where that path is?
>
> I am running Matlab 2010a.

In my startup.m file I have this block of code:

% Set unix path.
upath = getenv('PATH');
udirs = regexp(upath,pathsep,'split');
if ~ismember('/opt/subversion/bin',udirs)
udirs = [{'/opt/subversion/bin'},udirs];
end
if ~ismember('/usr/local/bin',udirs)
udirs = [udirs,{'/usr/local/bin'}];
end
upath = sprintf(['%s',pathsep],udirs{:});
upath(end) = [];
setenv('PATH',upath)

which adds '/opt/subversion/bin' to the beginning of the unix path, and
'/usr/local/bin' to the end. Make adjustments for your paths as
necessary. (I am using a downloaded version of svn because the version
in /usr/bin does not handle encrypted communications with the
repository.)

Note: this code only changes the unix PATH as seen from MATLAB -- it has
no effect on the PATH environment variable in the Terminal.

--
Doug Schwarz
dmschwarz&ieee,org

Date Subject Author