Topic: The syntax of MATLAB is inconsistent
Replies: 12   Last Post: May 16, 2013 10:40 AM

Re: The syntax of MATLAB is inconsistent

% Consider:
z .a = 0;
% There is a space between z and the period too. Nevertheless, MATLAB does
NOT assume that z is a function.
% If that is consistent, I do not know what is not.

U?ytkownik "Steven_Lord" napisa? w wiadomo?ci grup

<kzelechowski@e3tech.local> wrote in message
> z .(a) = 0;
> % means to MATLAB
> z ('.(a)', '=', '0')
> % is a function call

Yes, because of the space between z and the period, assuming that z is a
function. That is documented functionality that I believe many people use on
a daily basis called command-syntax.

Whenever you type:

you're using the function syntax. Whenever you type:

help plot

you're using the command syntax. While SIN only supports function syntax,
HELP supports both:

help plot

Steve Lord