Topic: grading a regents - could we try this?
Replies: 20   Last Post: Jun 4, 2013 9:33 PM

ElizWaite@aol.com

Re: grading a regents - could we try this?
att1.html (9.9 K)

Some schools are refusing to pay for subs for grading.
Liz

Elizabeth Waite
AMTNYS Coordinator of Reps

From: "Kathy Noftsier"
Sent by: owner-nyshsmath@mathforum.org
Date: 05/16/2013 07:21AM

My principal has checked this out and said that I cannot be in the same
room. We will have one high school and two middle school teachers grading
all three - possibly with help from a third middle school teacher and an
elementary teacher (who is also certified high school math but hasn't taught
it in many years). Yes, this is going to be tough on the middle school
teachers. In the past they have brought in substitutes for them for some of
the days. We have always needed to call on their help with only two
teachers in the high school.
The process, if they have any questions, is that they must ask her first
(the principal), then she must bring the question to the high school
teacher - me for both geometry and alg 2/trig. Integrated algebra shouldn't
be quite as bad since I don't teach it but I wrote the curriculum for it so
if any questions arise I can probably handle them.

Kathy Noftsier