Topic: Genetic Algorithm and Efficient Portfolio
Replies: 3   Last Post: May 19, 2013 10:49 AM

ryanshuell@gmail.com

Re: Genetic Algorithm and Efficient Portfolio

"Phil Goddard" <phil@goddardconsulting.ca> wrote in message <kmmvpf$ls0$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> As per the MLEvalString command, the results are generated by the MATLAB command
> [portStd, portRet, portWts, portIndx] = ComputeBestPortfolio(expRet,expCov,portSize,targetRet)
>
> i.e. within the function ComputeBestPortfolio
>
> Phil.

Yes!! But, I still don't really understand how it works? Is the VBA code running built-in functions in Matlab? I assume it is. I think the VBA is calling, and running, functions in Matlab, and the whole process is controlled by the ExcelLink? Is that how it works?

Thanks!!