Topic: Silly question on how to insert sections, subsections and etc. on a notebook
Replies: 9   Last Post: May 25, 2013 5:34 AM

Murray Eisenberg

Re: Silly question on how to insert sections, subsections and etc. on a notebook

You could use the Cell menu item Grouping to change from the default
Automatic Grouping to Manual Grouping.

I often used to do that. My sad experience, though, is that sooner or
later this will get you into some sort of trouble, and you'd be much
better off structuring your notebook so as not to have any such
"dangling" cells inside a section but outside any subsection.

On May 23, 2013, at 4:10 AM, Eduardo M. A. M. Mendes <emammendes@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder whether it would be possible to write a notebook with the following structure:
>
> Section 1
>
> Text and Mathematica commands
>
> subsection 1.1
>
> Text and Mathematica commands
>
> subsection 1.2
>
> Text and Mathematica commands
>
> Text and Mathematica commands (note that part is not inside subsection 1.2 but it is inside Section 1)
>
> Section 2

> I could not figure out how to have "Text and Mathematica commands" after subsection 1.2 but still inside Section 1.

---
Murray Eisenberg murray@math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
University of Massachusetts 413 545-2838 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street fax 413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305