Topic: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 26, 2013 4:37 PM

Tom Potter

Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics

"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
>> http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2013/05/21/an-unheralded-breakthrough-the-rosetta-stone-of-mathematics/
>
>> Deligne's most spectacular results are on the interface of two areas
>> of mathematics: number theory and geometry. At first glance, the two
>> subjects appear to be light-years apart. As the name suggests, number
>> theory is the study of numbers, such as the familiar natural numbers
>> (1, 2, 3, and so on) and fractions, or more exotic ones, such as the
>> square root of two. Geometry, on the other hand, studies shapes, such
>> as the sphere or the surface of a donut. But French mathematician
>> André Weil had a penetrating insight that the two subjects are in
>> fact closely related. In 1940, while Weil was imprisoned for refusing
>> to serve in the army during World War II.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andr%C3%A9_Weil

"In January 1941, Weil and his family sailed from Marseille to New York.
He spent the war in the United States,
where he was supported by
the Rockefeller Foundation and Guggenheim Foundation."

It is interesting to see that
when Jews were being ejected from Germany,
being forced to labor,
and supposedly being made into lamp shades.

Jews like André Weil
and the Jew who bought the grave site at Arlington
next to JFK's grave, were dodging the draft,

and so many Jews who could not get deferments,
or "essential" civilian jobs,

joined the Coast Guard during WWII
that it was called the Jewish Navy.

I trust that if Jews get America into wars
with Iran, Syria, etc.
that Jews will do their part.

One has to wonder why Sam Wormley
is constantly hyping
the nominal, money/mind/time-wasting
contributions of Jews to society.

For example observe that Sammy constantly promotes
Einstein's models although they generate more heat than light,
and waste time, money and minds,

and cannot be compared to the Watson/Crick DNA model
that is used millions of time every day
to improve health care, food production, solve crimes,
reconstruct history, etc.

The moral of the story is:

Should people be educated
that life is a zero sum game
and they should "Jew" others to get more?

or

Should people be educated
that life is a "win-win" game
and they should interact with others
in a honest, above-board way

and share the gain
and share the pain?

What do you think is the best social strategy?

--
Tom Potter

http://the-cloud-machine.tk
http://tiny.im/390k

Date Subject Author
5/24/13
Read An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Sam Wormley
5/24/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
BJACOBY@teranews.com
5/24/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/26/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
mahipal7638@gmail.com
5/26/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
5/26/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
mahipal7638@gmail.com
5/26/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
5/26/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
some human
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Tom Potter
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Helmut Wabnig
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
BJACOBY@teranews.com
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Peter Percival
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
hanson
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
Helmut Wabnig
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
hanson
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
RedAcer
5/25/13
Read Re: An Unheralded Breakthrough: The Rosetta Stone of Mathematics
byron
5/25/13