Topic: Notation
Replies: 14   Last Post: May 27, 2013 1:46 AM

Peter Percival

Re: Notation

William Elliot wrote:
> On Sat, 25 May 2013, Aatu Koskensilta wrote:
>> William Elliot <marsh@panix.com> writes:
>>

>>> V is the FC universe.
>>> L is the constructible universe.
>>> L_omega0 is the omega_0th level of the constructible universe.
>>>
>>> Correct or needing correcting?

>> What does "FC universe" mean? In standard notation, V refers to the
>> totality of sets we find in the cumulative hierarchy.

> FC means a topo for ZFC.

I don't think there is _the_ ZFC universe: if ZFC has a model at all,
then it has a number of different models. I suppose one might say that
V is the intended interpretation of ZF.

--
I think I am an Elephant,
Behind another Elephant