Topic: Feedback in Turing Machines
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 29, 2013 12:36 AM

David Bernier

Re: Feedback in Turing Machines

On 05/27/2013 01:37 AM, Graham Cooper wrote:
> On May 27, 2:32 pm, William Elliot <ma...@panix.com> wrote:

>>> The external input and the output have to be combined
>>> So the second TM is necessary?

>> Input 1 on the right side, gives output 1 on the left side.
>> When done, imput 1 is erased and output 1 copied to the right side
>> where it's now imput 2. Imput 2 is used by the same machine
>> to produce output 2 on the left side.

> Starting left and finishing right is just a convention.
> n=1
> TMn - Start left, finish left, signal halt.
> n++
> repeat
> Seems there is never an output.
> Herc
> --
> www.phpPROLOG.com

Turing "founded" ``International Tape Machines" ( ITM ), but
he left no programmer's manual ...

As far as I know, the user interprets what the symbols
should mean. In practice, it's probably better
to work with "Blank" symbol, and maybe some
subset of printable ASCII symbols, though I don't
think people have seriously programmed Turing Tape

Usually, the input is thought of as all given
on the tape before running the machine.