Topic: Feedback in Turing Machines
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 29, 2013 12:36 AM

apoorv

Re: Feedback in Turing Machines

On May 27, 10:37 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 2:32 pm, William Elliot <ma...@panix.com> wrote:

> > > The external input and the output have to be combined
> > > So the second TM is necessary?

> > Input 1 on the right side, gives output 1 on the left side.
> > When done, imput 1 is erased and output 1 copied to the right side
> > where it's now imput 2.  Imput 2 is used by the same machine
> > to produce output 2 on the left side.

> Starting left and finishing right is just a convention.
>
> n=1
> TMn - Start left, finish left, signal halt.
> n++
> repeat
>
> Seems there is never an output.
>
> Herc
> --www.phpPROLOG.com

Eliot's post ,which appears to be deleted, showed that a single
TM , could implement feedback. However, if we put the added
Requirement that the input at time t is processed with delay not
exceeding
A fixed time t0, then two TM s appear necessary .
-Apoorv