Topic: Feedback in Turing Machines
Replies: 17   Last Post: May 29, 2013 12:36 AM

apoorv

Re: Feedback in Turing Machines

On May 28, 6:29 pm, apoorv <skj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 10:37 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Input 1 on the right side, gives output 1 on the left side.
> > > When done, imput 1 is erased and output 1 copied to the right side
> > > where it's now imput 2.  Imput 2 is used by the same machine
> > > to produce output 2 on the left side.

> > Starting left and finishing right is just a convention.
>
> > n=1
> > TMn - Start left, finish left, signal halt.
> > n++
> > repeat

> > Seems there is never an output.
>
> > Herc
> > --www.phpPROLOG.com

> Eliot's post ,which appears to be deleted, showed that a single
> TM , could implement feedback. However, if we put the added
> Requirement that the input at time t is processed with delay not
> exceeding
> A fixed time t0, then two TM s appear necessary .
> -Apoorv

An interesting thought. Since the brain uses
Almost real time feedback ,if at all it is digital
nature, then we should look for not one but two
Processors. Processor 1 receives the external input
And the output from processor 2 ,(this is also the
Final output). The combined input then goes to processor
2, which generates the final output.
A flow diagram -:

External input-------->Processor 1-->-
(sensory). | |