Topic: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Replies: 36   Last Post: May 31, 2013 9:26 PM

JT

Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon

On 28 Maj, 21:19, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 28 Maj, 21:16, JT <jonas.thornv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 28 Maj, 20:34, Barry Schwarz <schwa...@dqel.com> wrote:

> > > Try the law of cosines:  c^2 = a^2 + b^2 - 2*a*b*cos(C)
>
> > > --
> > > Remove del for email

> > The vertice to side ratio seem to be 1.03076923077/1 for a pentagon,
> > and for a hexagon it is of course 1/1  and then it all goes downhill
> > so to speech. But is it possible to formulate a formula from the
> > serie? So one could calculate the perimeter without first doing trig?

> Of course for multiples and splits of hexagons it is really easy, but
> a general one for any polygon?

Vertice line/side ratio
12 sides 1/0.5
24 sides 1/0.25
48 sides 1/0.125
And the other polygon multiples of six ratisos is not that hard to
work out either using fractions.
But of course this is not the complete set of ratios for any polygon,
just ratios for the polygons based in six. But it seem pretty easy to
work out the ratios for polygons based in 3. But of course there is
alot of other polygon needed to be integrated to find a general
formula?

So could i find a general formula that would calculate the vertice
line to side ratio, i am pretty sure i could.

Date Subject Author
5/28/13
Read Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
130bcd
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Barry Schwarz
Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Ken.Pledger@vuw.ac.nz
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
David Bernier
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/28/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/30/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
RGVickson@shaw.ca
5/31/13
[...]
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Richard Tobin
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Richard Tobin
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
JT
5/29/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Brian Q. Hutchings
5/30/13
Read Re: Trying to find perimeter of a regular pentagon
Graham Cooper
5/30/13